Austin Christian Fellowship of India (ACFI) is a non-denominational church comprised of congregation members from all parts of India and welcomes people from all nationalities to worship with us. Weekly church service is conducted on Sunday mornings. Our staff here is a special group of people functioning as both team and family on mission together.
We are a body of men, women and children, who first ADORE and worship God, are CHRIST centered, FOCUSED in the irrevocable calling of the Great Commission given to us by Jesus Christ, and are INTERCESSORY in the reconciliatory mission of restoring the relationship of man to God, until the return of Jesus Christ to reign.
The Austin Christian Fellowship of India church is looking for a committed full time Senior Pastor who has a personal testimony of salvation by faith in the saving grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He must demonstrate Biblical character traits and have a Christ-like attitude of humility and service with a proven ability to grow the church and to expand its ministries. He must agree with the Statement of Faith and the core values of the church. Be a visionary and champion of the mission and vision of the church through effective Biblical preaching, teaching and overseeing the affairs of the church.
- Must be authorized to legally work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theology or Divinity from an accredited seminary or Bible college. Master’s Degree preferred
- Licensed or Ordained Credential holder
- Minimum of 10 years of total pastoral experience with 5 years as a Senior Pastor serving a church with a congregation size of at least 100 members
- Upon employment, the Senior Pastor with his family must live in the Greater Austin area
- Preferred Qualifications: Experience working with Asian Indian church communities in the United States
The primary responsibility of the Senior Pastor is to glorify God through the preaching and teaching of the word of God (Holy Bible), and provide Biblical leadership by shepherding the body of Christ to love and follow Jesus Christ, leading prayer and fellowship meetings, and equipping the saints to do the work of God through the various ministries of the church (Acts 6, 1 Peter 5, Ephesians 4).
- Deliver Spirit-filled and anointing sermons that are Biblically accurate and spiritually inspiring, with a high emphasis on practical application
- Partner with Bible study leaders to develop Biblical content and teach the Holy Scripture
- Must be committed to the Great Commission and be mission minded with a compassionate and giving heart for missions, community outreach and evangelism (Matthew 28:18-20, Matthew 10:40-42, James 1:27)
- Be able to cater, communicate and relate to a non-denominational, multi-regional with various Asian Indian language groups, multicultural congregation and cultivate relationships that will help the congregation grow in their Christian faith
- Be effective in addressing the spiritual needs of a multi-generational (various age groups) congregation
- Plan and perform pastoral care activities including visitations and nurturing existing congregation members and newcomers
- Actively participate and aligns the church’s vision across the various ministries of the church, collaborating and providing leadership in church ministries
- Provide Biblical counseling as needed which includes but is not limited to matters related to family, youth, singles, elderly, pre-marital, marriage, parenting, and other related topics
- Officiates at baptisms, weddings and funerals, including performing the requisite planning
- Must partner with the Board, Trustee Committee members and Ministry Leaders to develop the church’s strategy and goals
- Represent ACFI and build partnerships with local churches and participate in local outreach and ministerial events
WORK WEEK & LOCATION
The expected working hours for the Senior Pastor is 40 hours per week.
Work Location: Austin, Texas. USA
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Compensation and benefits will commensurate with experience.
Candidates should submit their detailed resume, including links to sermons and publications to [email protected]